2018 Honda CBR1000RR
Stock Image: Matte Black Metallic
*Price, if shown, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and does not include government fees, taxes, dealer freight/preparation, administrative fees or any finance charges (if applicable). MSRP and/or final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Intelligent Performance. Total Control.
Superbikes are about performance—and they always have been. That used to mean just a big engine and major horsepower. But for 2018 that’s not enough—a modern superbike needs to have great handling and superior engine management too. Plus, really discerning riders want to feel a connection with their machines, without too many lines of code between them and their bike. The 2018 Honda CBR1000RR and CBR1000RR SP hit it out of the park on all counts.
The CBR1000RR is light, incredibly powerful, and undeniably fast. On the street and in the canyons, it’s a machine that fulfills most motorcyclists wildest dreams. Trackdays your specialty? Since racetrack riding puts special demands on any machine, let us direct you to the CBR1000RR SP. Available in limited numbers, it has all the features of our 2018 CBR1000RR, but adds premium Öhlins electronic suspension, Brembo brakes, a titanium muffler, and more. World championships have been won on bikes that the SP would leave in its dust. What a great time to be a sportbike rider.
- The 2018 CBR1000RR is light, narrow, and features Honda’s superb Superbike throttle-by-wire system. The chassis is incredibly responsive, and the bike features a full LED lighting package.
- Throttle By Wire: The CBR1000RR's throttle-by-wire system works in concert with our Honda Selectable Torque Control. With the two, you get your choice of three engine power-delivery modes, plus two which you can custom program yourself.
- Hi-Performance Four-Cylinder Engine: Featuring high-compression 13:1 pistons, the CBR1000RR revs like only a flat-plane inline-four can. It also makes ten horsepower more than our previous generation of CBR10000RR.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD): Most steering dampers only sense handlebar-deflection speed. The Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) is way more sophisticated. It also detects vehicle speed, and adjusts damping proportionally. That helps maintain low-speed maneuverability while providing excellent, predictable high-speed handling.
- Dual-Stage Fuel Injection: The CBR1000RRs feature two sets of injectors per cylinder for both low- and high-rpm performance, instantaneous high-rpm response and great low-rpm metering and clean running. Refined EFI settings make the engine even more manageable, with smoother throttle response specifically at smaller throttle openings.
- Slimmer Ergonomics: These CBR1000RRs are much slimmer than previous models in the tank/seat junction area, and also in the upper cowl (more than 24mm trimmer). This improves aerodynamics, and the narrow tank makes it easier to tuck in.
- Lightweight Sub-Frame: Almost a full pound lighter than our previous generation, the CBR1000RR sub-frame further refines our mass centralization efforts. Light is always right, and these models are the lightest CBR1000RRs we’ve ever produced.
- Assisted Slipper Clutch: Superbikes can deliver a great deal of back-torque through the driveline, upsetting handling—not the CBR1000RR models. Its Honda-designed assisted slipper clutch is the same type used on our MotoGP bikes. The design does away with the need for heavy clutch springs, ensuring full power transmission with smooth shifting and a light clutch pull at the lever.
- Efficient Radiator Design: Almost an inch narrower than on our previous-generation CBR1000RR, and featuring a high-density core. Plus the radiator tucks in tighter and cools just as efficiently.
- Full LED Lighting Package: Headlights, tail lights, turn signals—with the CBR1000RRs it’s all done with lightweight, efficient, cool LEDs.
- Thin Film Transfer Display: TFT means an instrument display that’s lighter and easier to read than previous LCD designs. It’s a first for Honda, and it’s made its premiere on the CBR1000RRs.
- Engine Type: 998cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 76mm x 55mm
- Induction: Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 48mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 13.0:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valve per cylinder
- Available Colors: Matte Black Metallic, Grand Prix Red
- Model ID: CBR1000RR
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 76mm x 55mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 48mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Matte Black Metallic, Grand Prix Red