2018 Honda FourTrax Foreman Rubicon 4x4 Automatic DCT
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner’s manual thoroughly.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Premium Performance, Premium Comfort.
Greatness stands out in any endeavor, whether you’re talking about architecture, transportation, clothing, food or music. The true greats have a lasting impact you’ll never forget. So when you’re talking about great all-terrain vehicles, and when you want to choose a great one, ask yourself these two key questions: how many hours a day you want to ride, and how long do you want your ATV to last?
The Honda FourTrax Rubicon is a premium ATV that places a premium on rider comfort—all-day comfort. And we have a great selection of Rubicon models with a wide range of features, so you can pick the one that’s perfect for you. And we have a deluxe model with the paint color applied over the bodywork—a nice touch that helps deflect superficial scratches and keep your ATV looking sharp longer.
Every Rubicon uses the same 500-class engine—tough, proven and efficient. You get to choose between two transmission options: a rugged conventional-type ATV gearbox that makes the Rubicon the only manual-shift ATV with Independent Rear Suspension on the market, and our revolutionary automatic dual-clutch transmission with a smooth shift map and featuring strong steel-gear internals.
Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) is about more than just comfort and a plush ride, though. The Rubicon’s superior suspension engineering gives you the confidence you need to tackle rough trails, while providing day-long ride comfort and excellent traction on uneven ground.
And there’s tons more to talk about: refined controls, strong steel racks, inboard rear-disc brake, available Electric Power Steering (EPS), and even models featuring red A-arms, springs and black cast and machined aluminum wheels. But no matter which Rubicon you choose, one thing’s for certain: You’ve chosen a truly great ATV.
Independent Rear Suspension: All our 2018 Foreman Rubicon models feature an Independent Rear Suspension setup (IRS) that gives you a smoother ride and increased traction over uneven terrain.
Honda Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission: Strong internals, fast shifts, excellent control, true compression-braking capability in steep terrain and an automatic program that upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding—the Honda automatic dual-clutch transmission has it all, including low range and a smooth shift map. It’s one of the best choices you can make, and it’s available on our Rubicon DCT, Rubicon DCT EPS and Rubicon DCT EPS Deluxe models.
Painted Plastic Bodywork: The Rubicon's bodywork gives it a rugged appearance. But it does more than just look good—it’s designed to shrug off dings and scrapes so it keeps looking good as long as you own it.
- TraxLok®: Honda’s TraxLok® 2WD/4WD system offers 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD mode with locking front differential to optimize traction. TraxLok also incorporates a Speed Override mode that can be engaged when the front differential is locked, allowing increased wheel speed under severe conditions such as deep mud.
- Ultra Comfortable Seat: For all-day ride comfort the Rubicon’s seat features thick foam and a seat cover with a “gripper” texture. It’s one of the best seats we’ve ever engineered for an ATV.
- Front & Rear Preload Adjustable Suspension: Preload adjustable shocks allow you to optimize suspension performance for various load conditions.
- ACG Output: Thanks to the neodymium-magnet stator design, the powerful ACG produces sufficient amount of electricity, so you can run more Honda Accessories.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout: By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis in our ATV and side-by-side engines, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Transmission Choices: Automatic DCT or Manual: Strong internals, smooth shift mapping, excellent control, true compression-braking capability in steep terrain and an automatic program that upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding—the Honda automatic dual-clutch transmission has it all, including a low range transmission—a Honda exclusive in an IRS machine. Or opt for a rugged conventional-type manual ATV gearbox.
- Independent Rear Suspension: The Rubicon’s Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) returns two big benefits: First, it helps ensure constant tire contact with the ground for superior traction; second, it gives you an ultra-smooth ride over rough terrain, so you don’t get beat up on the trail.
- Lantern-Style 50W Assist Headlight: The Rubicon features three headlights, two mounted on the front fenders and one on the handlebar. The 50-watt handlebar light moves with the bar to illuminate the area you choose and runs independently of the headlights so you can turn it on when you need it, and off when you don’t. All three use multi-reflector lenses for superior light distribution.
- Rack Capacity: The Rubicon has sporty, strong steel racks: Front rack capacity is a full 99 pounds, and the rear rack can hold up to a whopping 187 pounds. Multiple tie-down points also make it easier than ever to secure your loads.
- Towing Capacity: Got a tough job to tackle? No problem—the Rubicon is up to the task. With a towing capacity that’s over 1300 pounds, the Rubicon can really pull a load.
- Maxxis Tires: Designed to work perfectly with the Rubicon’s Independent Rear Suspension, the Maxxis tires feature an aggressive tread pattern for excellent traction in mud, sand and rocky terrain.
- Dual-Range Drive/Low Shifter: Like a full-sized four-wheel-drive truck, Rubicon DCT models feature a drive/low range in its gearbox, so you can choose the perfect gear for crawling over technical terrain, pulling heavy loads or cruising on smoother trails.
- Inboard Rear Disc Brake: Tucked up inboard and out of harm’s way, the Rubicon’s inboard disc brake reduces unsprung weight and offers improved ground clearance.
- Reverse/Parking Brake Lever: Mounted up on the left handlebar along with the parking brake, the Rubicon’s reverse lever is tough, simple and easy to use.
- Digital Display With Maintenance Minder: Digital meter display includes a Maintenance Minder system that signals when it’s time for service. Other functions include trip odometer, hour meter, gear position-indicator, fuel gauge, clock, and 2WD/4WD.
- Styling: Sure, the Rubicon’s rugged bodywork looks great. But it does a lot more too. It's designed to help protect you from mud and other debris, and to shrug off the dings and scrapes of the jobsite or riding in the woods. Another example? The Rubicon’s all-steel full-coverage front bumper features an integrated mount for an accessory winch.
- Engine Type: 475cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine
- Bore And Stroke: 92.0 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI
- Ignition: Full transistorized ignition
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission with reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and locking front differential
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.28 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual-arm; 8.46 in. travel
- Front Brakes: 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Brakes: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Front Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 84.5 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 48.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.9 in.
- Seat Height: 35.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 9.4 in.
- Curb Weight: 703 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb.
- Model ID: TRX500FA5
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine
- Bore x Stroke
- 92.0 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 7.28 in.
- Front Brake Type
- 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tires
- 25 x 8-12
- Rear Travel
- 8.46 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Independent dual-arm
- Rear Brake Type
- 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tires
- 25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 703 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1322 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 9.4 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 84.5 in. x 47.4 in. x 48.6 in.
- 50.9 in.
- Drive Train
- Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and locking front differential
- Five-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission with reverse
- Red, Olive
- One Year Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.